Have you ever taken your watch off and weighed it?
With the ever increasing size of watches these days they are getting to be pretty heavy. My Breitling Chrono Cockpit on a leather strap with a deployment buckle is just shy of a quarter pound So, I thought I would do a check around the store and see who has the heaviest watches.
- Stainless steel Roger Dubuis AquaMare on a rubber strap with a deployment buckle which weighs in at 5.4oz.
- Breitling Bentley Motors on a steel Speed Bracelet weighing a whopping 7.4oz.
- Stainless steel Baume & Mercier Hampton Milleis with diamonds coming in at 1.8oz.
- Baume & Mercier Hampton, but this one is the Classic in 18k yellow gold with diamonds. It weighs 1.9oz.
- Rolex steel and gold Lady Datejust on a jubilee bracelet – 2.0oz
- Roger Dubuis Easydiver in Stainless Steel with a white gold bezel on rubber strap with a deployment buckle – 7.0oz
So as you can see in this small sampling we have a couple of watches that weigh nearly half a pound! We may need to start a new category for watches on the site…. Fitness tools!
If you a looking to shed some of the weight on your arm you would do well to consider the IWC Aquatimer in Titanium or the Omega Seamaster Diver 300m Chronograph or the Baume & Mercier Capeland S #8220. These watches still are pretty big in but don’t weigh you down.
How much does your watch weigh? Do you mind if it heavy?